Thursday, April 21, 2011

Heading out of town, closed Saturday, April 23


This weekend, I'm going to Grinnell to see if I can ride 322.8 miles of Iowa gravel, dirt, and "B-roads", self-supported, in 34 hours or less. I'm looking at this as a training ride for the 3-speed tour. What's the worst that could happen?

The shop will be closed on Saturday, April 23, but if I survive the weekend, we'll be back to normal hours on Tuesday. See if you can squeeze in a bike adventure or two while I'm gone, and be good to each other.

5 comments:

Doug said...

Good luck in Iowa Jim.

Anonymous said...

Good luck this weekend Jim.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, me. Mark W.

Chad Parrish said...

Rock on Jim, should be an easy ride, it's all cornfields in Iowa right? :-)

Anonymous said...

Jim - my back of the napkin math puts the average speed at 9mph +/-. That does not seem too difficult - what type of lodging will you be staying in? And how tourists will you be riding with? It's interesting that you consider this a warm up for the 3 speed tour (which I assume is more difficult due to fewer gears and a less sophisticated bicycle?)