Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Almanzo preparation meeting at Bulldog Uptown
The Almanzo 100 is still 2 months away, but we at Hiawatha Cyclery recommend that you begin your preparations for this event sooner than later. We assume you've been putting in the miles and tweaking your bike for optimal performance on the road, but physical readiness is only half the battle. The process of readying yourself for the challenge mentally and logistically begins this Sunday, March 14, at 4 PM, Bulldog Uptown.
If you are registered for Almanzo, or even if you're not (Monte), come by The Bulldog to have a snack and a beverage and to contribute to the discussion. Topics will likely include, but are not limited to:
- sharing of opinions on equipment, techniques, strategies for gravel riding and racing
- coordinating transportation to/from the event and lodging
- discussing the logistics of the highly unofficial and loosely planned ~300-mile version of Almanzo
- comparative analysis of various items on the Bulldog menu
- other topics of pseudo-intellectual and non-intellectual merit.
Hope to see you there!