Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Introducing Thill Custom Wheels

Over the last 4 years, I've built just about all the wheels for the bike builds we've done at HC, and perhaps even more wheels for customers who wanted to upgrade older bicycles, add generator hubs, etc. Most of these wheels have rolled thousands of miles in the Twin Cities, around Minnesota, across the US, and even in exotic places that I never heard of. I've built more than my share of wheels for heavier riders, cargo bikes, tandems, offroad, touring, commuting, brevets, small-wheel recumbents, wheelchairs, and even a couple for competitive racing. I am proud to say that aside from a little minor truing here and there (usually just once, if that), my wheels, and there are probably at least a thousand of them by now, have proven to be reliable and dependable.

Anyhow, until now, this service has been generally an implicit part of putting together a new bicycle at HC, and it will continue to be. But there are a lot of older bikes out there that would benefit from better wheels, and maybe a lot of people thinking about wheel options for a future new bike. Therefore, I'd like to publicize my wheelbuilding service a bit, which is why I started a web page for Thill Custom Wheels. Check it out.

4 comments:

Snakebite said...

Very nice!

rinjin said...

great idea, jim.

and thanks for all the great wheels you've built for me so far!

Brian

Tex69 said...

My SON wheel on the commuter LHT has been ROCK solid. Thanks and good luck.

ahi said...

I really like the velocity wheel you built for my brevets. I can notice the difference (it rolls faster) just as I would notice changing tires. Pushing the pedals is that much easier - thanks!