Monday, August 3, 2009

HC family camping weekend

I reserved 3 adjacent sites at Lake Aurburn campground in Carver Park Reserve for August 14th and 15th for a family bike-camping trip. I'm working out the details of whether I'm going to do one or both nights, and when I'm going to lead a ride out to the campground. I think there will be some people who can go Friday night, some who can only do Saturday, and some who will want to do both. We have room for up to 6 tents and 18 people per night, so let me know if/when you want to load up the family and join us. If I have to reserve more sites, I will, but it'd be better to do it sooner than later. It's a flat 30ish-mile ride (mostly on bike trails) to the campground, and I plan to take the Big Dummy and pull a Burley.

If you're going to do this, please let me know:
1. how many in your group
2. which night(s)
3. how committed you are (the committed will get priority if we run out of space)

I may pick up some food (aka meat) to roast over the campfire, but everybody who attends will have to be responsible for his/her own food. You'll also need your own camping gear, sunscreen, bug repellent, etc, etc.

3 comments:

mongo said...

I'm in, saturday for sure

Paul said...

Oooh, next time put out more of a heads up - we've been wanting to ride to the reserve ever since the surlyblog reference to it. We'd love a family trip. This weekend sucks, however.

Jim Thill said...

Paul, I'd be happy to do a day ride out there with you sometime. 60-mile RT.