Saturday, March 21, 2009

camping trip?

I'd like to have an extended, overnight version of the HC Saturday ride, including all the food, coffee, and chit-chat you've come to expect. The idea would be to leave on a Saturday afternoon, ride about 30 miles from the shop, camp for the night, and ride back the next day. Nothing super strenuous, but you will have to carry your camping gear and other essentials on your bike. I'm thinking Carver Park Reserve, which is beautiful and an easy bike destination. Sometime in June, or maybe July. If there's interest, we can settle on a date and I'll make campground reservations. This would be a good family trip. The kids will love it.

16 comments:

Boris said...

Goddamn it. I'd love to be there, but it's so hard to get back to Minnesota.

midway cyclist said...

I'm definitely up for this if the weekend works out.

rinjin said...

Sounds perfect. We're in.

Andrei said...

Great idea, count me in.

Snakebite said...

Depending on the date, I could be in!

Pete said...

Sounds fun!

Chad Parrish said...

Sounds like fun, count me in.

Sean said...

I'm in.

bother yam said...

Me darlin' Mrs and I are both interested

Matt said...

Whew! I thought you meant this weekend!

KM said...

Genius. I think we're in.

Boone's Farm said...

I'll bring the Shrooms.

phaedrus said...

If June 6th works out, I've got 3 - 4 adults who can make it. (Me, Mrs. Phaedrus, our friend from Hudson and possibly his wife)

Anonymous said...

I'm in, but only if Andrei carries everything. He promised me he would, but don't you think I should hold out for more?

Bujiatang said...

We're going to practice camping from our bikes first, buuuuut

this sounds like fun!

phaedrus said...

any more thoughts on this trip?