Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years

I counted 14 bikes and riders when we left the shop for our annual New Years Ride. Temps were in the upper 20's and the roads were a combination of ice and what we like to call oatmeal -- that soft sticky snow that can be tough to ride thru. It's a little tough on the equipment but well worth it.
We rode up to Hard Times on the West Bank for food and libation and then headed south detouring across the Stone Arch Bridge. Various people went their own way from time to time and it was a great way to start the New Year.

1 comment:

rigtenzin said...

The ride was fun. I rode Chad's Pugsley afterward. It is really a nice ride in that type of snow. I could lockup the front brake and the front end tracked straight instead of diving sideways. I don't recommend that test, but it told me the Pugs is perfect in snow.