Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mark Your Calendars

After the holidays, things can get pretty quiet around these parts. So, in an effort to keep momentum going into spring, HC in alliance with Artisanal Imports sales guru Lanny Hoff, is sponsoring our first ever Winter Pub Crawl.

The details are still being worked out but it will involve biking to multiple establishments, drinking great beer and noshing on some great food, all in the company of some of the great cycling "personalities" the Cities has to offer.

Note: If you don't drink, come anyway. This is a social ride and will be safe for kids and small animals.

Date: Sunday, January 25 (it doesn't conflict with either of the Bowls -- Stupor or Super)

Time: noon'ish (lunch at Bulldog) to whenever

Once we nail down the venues, we will post a list and maybe a map. If you can't make it all, you can jump in at some point.

Don't miss it!!

17 comments:

Lanny said...

Kevin, I have but one thing to add. The start time will actually be at noon for lunch at the Bulldog NE.

Drop Kevin or me (lannyhoff at gmail.com)a note if you can make it, so we can bring formidable negotiating pressure to bear in getting some specials set up.

Maps and other details will be forthcoming soon.

David Carter said...

I'm down...

Chad Parrish said...

yup, count me in as long as it isn't that 8 am O'dark early start time as the normal rides that I can never make it to because I'm too lazy to get out of bed...

midway cyclist said...

I'm in.

Is someone bringing the rickshaw as a sag wagon?

Erik said...

Biking in the cold with bear and food? I'm in.

Anonymous said...

Jim, I do not drink alcohol of any kind. Can I come on the ride?

T. Totler

David Carter said...

aaaauggh! bears!

Lanny said...

RE: Sag Wagon

I've got a pretty good idea that we will have a sag wagon. My mini-van, with a friend driving, will serve well.

As for the non-drinkers: all are welcome. Each place will have non-alcoholic beverages and food and none of the places are kid-unfriendly.

More details very soon. I'm working it all out.

Bujiatang said...

oh hell yeah

bother yam said...

Dude, I'm so there...

Lanny said...

SeƱor Yam,

Kevin and I discussed how cool it would be to get 8-10 xtracycles or Big Dummies on the ride. Why don't you join me in swinging the longbike bat?

You may by put into service carrying some of the door prizes I'm lining up, however.

Oh yes. Door prizes.

rigtenzin said...

This post is getting lots of comments. It reminds me of when Jim announced the January nudist ride.

Me said...

I'll fly back for this esteemed event, but only if Jim agrees to drinking a quarter keg and smoking a half carton of Camel unfiltereds.

Deal?

-Me

phaedrus said...

Barring nightmarish disaster, I'll be riding a Big Dummy.

KM said...

Of course, turnout would be even higher if Jim rode nude, smoked a half carton of unfiltered smokey treats and drank a quarter keg.

Here's to keeping one's standards low, your spirits high and never being disapointed.

bother yam said...

Lanny,

My Dumvee is standing by...

Pete said...

This sounds like more fun than is legal.