Monday, October 27, 2008

Hiawatha Cyclery diversifies!

Starting this Tuesday, HC will begin selling Peace Coffee beans by the pound. We will be stocking several varieties under that brand, so there should be something for everybody. If you have a preferred variety or want to try something specific, let me know and I'll make sure we have it for you.

I've been impressed by Peace Coffee's business model for some time. In addition to their cooperation with small coffee growers to ensure fairness in the coffee trade, Peace Coffee does their local deliveries by bike or by a bio-diesel van. Our delivery is going to be on Tuesdays, and I've been told to order by Monday at noon so they have time to roast the beans within a day of delivery. That sounds pretty fresh to me.

Most varieties will be $11/lb (yes, a real 16 oz pound) or $50 for a 5lb bag (pre-order, please). That's probably cheaper than what you pay for halfway decent whole bean coffee at the grocery store, and this is fresher and localer. To get free delivery, I need to order 15 pounds per week. So stop by Tuesday or Wednesday to get your freshly roasted coffee and to help me get an idea of how much to order for next week.

1 comment:

stacey said...

fresher and localer?